01: ouch my soul
- Multiple hangovers simultaneously.
02: funny characters
- Bathtubgirl complains about funny characters in her password.
03: sick day teevee
- I stay home all day and watch teevee because of the flu or something.
04: John's cold sore diagnosis
- John tells Fernando that he has herpes.
05: yet lucidly poised
- John and Chun and I hang out listening to Badly Drawn Boy.
06: rooster tail execution
- I cut my hair but I don't look any younger. Also, I see the movie Traffic.
07: homegrown tomato
- I finally eat a tomatoë from the vine growing on the stoop.
08: Black Monday
- Lots of layoffs, the creative.exe virus, and the UK people return.
09: right-handed deep double-bore shimmy
- People from Britain are unabashed with their nose picking.
10: rain on Olympic
- Watching the Santa Monica traffic choking on the rain.
11: HTML for Managers
- With no grunts to do the work, managers find themselves brushing up on their HTML skills.
12: waste the entire night
- Starting with an art opening and moving on to socially-craven behavior.
13: spectacles on the Santa Monica Promenade
- Again in search of adventure, I walk down to the Promenade.
14: alcohol helps musical efforts
- I drink booze and do some four track stuff.
15: MLK Day drug crisis
- My housemate loses a bunch of ecstasy pills.
16: La Cienega Target Store
- The black security guard only checks the bags of black customers.
17: copy and paste age
- I make the leap to entirely digital studio techniques.
18: bigger piece of crap
- The plagiarist comes clean and I attempt more digital studio work.
19: Zuma Beach, Malibu
- The UK team takes a little vacation.
20: welcome to the Chimpocracy
- I'm hung over as another right wing administration is sworn in.
21: drop of precious oil
- The return of a favorite old Guided By Voices tune.
22: instead of a dissonant beep
- Napster frees us from a regional manager at Walmart and work helps our serotonin levels.
23: not purposeless slacking
- Fun with AIM and hanging out with my housemate so as not to get too alienated from him.
24: completely politically inert
- What's wrong with my erstwhile boss Linda.
25: the fund
- More money than is needed to pay for our Community Team reunion throwdown along the Venice Boardwalk.
26: make the Romans do as you do
- Fun with the UK team at Q's, the West LA fratboy pool hall.
27: old school rock and roll
- Smallstone and Pink Fairies at the Troubadour.
28: company bike
- I take possession of Frank's old bike.
29: unexpected new hairs
- A safety razor up the nose works well.
30: southern fried rock 'n' roll really
- John and I see Moth at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, but the crowd is there for Creeper Lagoon.
31: smoked oyster craving
- Another workplace hangover, so I go home and eat a tin of smoked oysters.