01: five second rule
- What with the rain, the ground of Prospect Park is nearly clean enough to eat off of.
02: hybrid completely devoid of the joyful
- Rainy Labor Day in Brooklyn.
03: aluminum boxed orphan
- I'm intrigued by the profound effect testosterone has on human humanity.
- I'm good, but still I feel bad about the thing I get done.
05: under the influence of MP3 music
- Walking around in Park Slope, Brooklyn with an MP3 player.
06: off to Cazenovia
- Driving north to attend Ray and Nancy's wedding.
07: auspicious aurora
- Ray and Nancy are married and then we all see an impressive display of the Aurora Borealis.
08: but I was going 85
- Pulled over on the New York Thruway en route to Kingston.
09: dream house in Hurley
- We make an offer on a 4500 square foot house in Hurley, NY.
10: brownstones overflown by helicopters
- The day before the first anniversary of 9-11 in Brooklyn.
11: make meaning a non-renewable resource
- September 11th's first anniversary.
12: the reincarnation of Clarence the cat
- At an Indian restaurant in Park Slope, Gretchen and I talk about the life Clarence is currently having a month or so before he dies and is reincarnated as our black kitten.
13: test your lefty parents
- When vicarious lives conflict with political theory. Also, I see a guy with a hairy back in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
14: constant threat of short-notice visits
- Prospective buyers keep touring our brownstone while I brush up on practical architecture.
15: avoiding eggs and real estate customers
- A successful opening at our brownstone.
16: rabbi at a Yom Kippur break-fast
- Gretchen hosts a Yom Kippur break-fast.
17: impromptu dinner in Hell's Kitchen
- After not getting into the Daily Show, we hit the streets of Hell's Kitchen.
18: globalize Kelly Clarkson's soul
- Globalization and Kelly Clarkson's eternal soul.
19: a dinner option in Park Slope
- Lots of restaurants, but nothing that interesting to eat.
20: poisoned by pseudoscience
- Enduring ET talk during a show about pyramids.
21: never send back your food
- Telling gross restaurant tales at Press in Park Slope.
22: Sally climbs a tree
- In Prospect Park along the boat canal, Sally scales a leaning tree.
23: when friends settle down
- We drive to Saugerties the night before the Hurley House inspection.
24: freshly-painted neglect
- A house inspection in Hurley, a walk through Kingston, and along a river in New Paltz.
25: Wichita Lineman versions
- A country Nights in White Satin.
26: aiding buyer imagination
- Rehanging doors to make the brownstone seem more valuable.
27: fun with pure oxygen
- Gretchen gets her IUD inserted.
28: drinking beer to the point of nausea
- A house warming party in Prospect Heights.
29: across Union Street
- Incompetence in a Park Slope real estate agency.
30: the repose of a wall of muscle
- What's happened to my paunch since I started doing situps.