01: firing the realtor
- We start working on selling our brownstone coop ourselves.
02: punky yellow wood
- Homies who hang out in the Vale of Cashmere.
03: Ultimate 42
- Also, I stuff credit card money in my bank account.
04: odd mental tics
- Also, we take delivery of the Honda Civic.
05: stoop sale spider web
- A little glitch in our open house.
06: clumpiness of potential buyers
- A good day of a self-run real estate open house in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
07: temperature trends like the stock market
- The advance of October chill.
08: Gretchen vs. Jon Stewart
- We attend a taping of the Daily Show.
09: some peer to peer poison
- I download a looping copy of a Red Hot Chili Peppers tune.
10: truck purchasing odyssey
- Driving around suburban New York on a mission to get a pickup truck.
11: missing out on a Brooklyn DMV experience
- Gretchen gets two sets of plates with relatively little bureaucratic hassle at the Brooklyn DMV.
12: greasy, sandy truck floor mats
- I drive the Toyota truck back from Long Island.
13: varieties of real world Tetris and meta-Tetris
- Juggling tasks and objects before the big move to Hurley.
14: convoy trouble
- Various problems plague the first convoy of personal items hauled upstate from Brooklyn.
15: Hurley house closing
- We close on the Hurley house and move in. Then I rip down a wall.
16: rainy day car inspection
- I get Gretchen's Honda inspected at Tim's Garage in Kingston.
17: legacy of a cowboy electrician
- I find some non-standard wiring in the Hurley house's walls.
18: when you pay people to take your trash
- Hurley's dumpster takes trash if you pay them seven cents for each pound.
19: the intent of cloying wallpaper
- It's such a curse and a liability, there must be a strong motivating force behind it.
20: covered in dust
- White beneath a dusting of powdered wallpaper and crumbled gypsum.
21: enabling a Lotto addiction
- One of the African guys helping paint is something of an Amazing Eight addict.
22: ugliness of the people, beauty of the landscape
- After living in Park Slope for so long, it's a little unnerving to observe the lower average level of beauty amongst the people of Kingston.
23: would have liked to dump my trash on the Trillion Dollar Mile
- A long arduous drive with Sally back to Brooklyn.
24: fishy lad in Newburgh
- Driving back to Hurley with a heavy load of books.
25: living in a specific cat's territory
- The bob-tailed black cat belonging to the house's former owners comes back.
26: Edna's Office
- The cats come to the house in Hurley.
27: toilet and ear wax
- The same color and consitency.
28: soaking in errant water
- Fighting leaks in a new sink installation.
29: another wall to demolish
- I start ripping down a load bearing wall adjacent to the stairway.
30: poisoned into a vague pink
- While fixing the living room paint job, we encounter even more troubles.
31: cardboard fire
- Powertool balloon framing, Crazy Dennis, and cardboard fires in Hurley, NY.