01: found its bathtub
- Grover Norquist must be pleased with the anarchy in New Orleans.
02: teflon tape hell
- I hate making screw connections in plumbing. Soldering is far more certain.
03: what real leadership looks like
- Bush is no Churchill, that's for damn sure.
04: Timothy Treadwell's empathy
- Dinner and a movie in Rosendale: Grizzly Man.
05: for want of a fitting
- I get the copper lines of the solar project all the way to the north end of the house and then hit a roadblock.
06: off-grid fittings
- Sometimes one needs the subtlety of a 45 degree copper fitting.
07: oh fuck and the truck
- Something serious happens inside the truck's engine.
08: panel work begins
- More than a month into my solar project, I finally start building the solar panel.
09: earmarked for slaughter
- I get a nastygram from the local building inspector.
10: unimaginative children
- I watch football after a wedding.
11: hangover with Visio
- Designing diagrams and feeling shitty.
12: now willing to suck engineer dick
- What I wouldn't do for a nice structural engineer.
13: remembering the existence of trigonometry
- All you need to remember is that it exists.
14: fallen this far
- A visit from the building inspector and propaganda on VOA.
15: hotter than the unpainted metal
- I start painting my solar panel black.
16: the building inspection hell of others
- Conversation around glasses of wine at a house on the other side of Hurley.
17: in the pizza delivery zone
- Watching the traffic to the skatepunks up the street gave me an idea for how to obtain tonight's dinner.
18: paint survived the heat of soldering
- A little solar work in the course of inspection-related busywork.
19: lukewarm bath
- The solar panel isn't quite ready, but I use water heated from it to bathe anyway. Also, I hatch a plan to deceive the electrical inspector.
20: reticulate menorah
- I make my first copper pipe menorah in which the branches double back on themselves.
21: firey little holes
- Increasing the efficiency of my solar panel.
22: first comfortable solar-powered bath
- Also, Gretchen gets a hot solar-powered shower.
23: engineering relief
- A structural engineer puts me at ease about my solar deck.
24: Opus 40 in September
- Another wedding attended.
25: McMansions of Bush Road
- Brunch at the boxy modern house of our new friends.
26: boiler wiring homestretch
- Aside from a last-minute leak, all goes swimmingly.
27: preparing for solar downtime
- Before leaving on a trip, a new set of solar-project-related headaches.
28: one poo-bedeviled rump
- Setting off for Istanbul.
29: crazy driving in the Holy Land
- Arriving in Tel Aviv, Isræl for a wedding.
30: wedding in the Holy Land
- Great food and fussy orthodox details.