01: tomatoes and generic Fritos
- The perfect munchy combo food.
02: Mountain Brew hangover
- It's all in the stomach.
03: Linux driver purgatory
- It's not quite hell, but there is suffering involved.
04: vegan ghetto
- Also, why a little trauma and bacteria might be good for a child.
05: temperature test
- Is decomposition happening? Measure the temperature! Also, impossible-to-understand finance jargon at a dinner party.
06: condensation-combatting condom
- Dealing with thermistor shorting in a hot water tank.
07: tensile strength of Ikea-style furniture
- Don't try to move these things by dragging them. Always compress!
08: late summer veggies
- Mostly things Gretchen doesn't like.
09: future-proof in the 90s
- A new motherboard for an old IBM Aptiva.
10: inventions of wheels
- Why I like to just build things myself.
11: beer and tweaks
- Last minute design edits on a website in the laboratory with Penny and some beers.
12: eggplant snerch
- But much like a mastodon, an eggplant is a lot of food.
13: hourly or not
- Sometimes it's good to be paid by the hour. Other times it isn't.
14: cachunk to electromechanical whine
- New voting machines in New York.
15: salad days of shitware
- We're not in them anymore, evidently, because now I can't figure out what is shitting up my computer.
16: not even a technological brainstem
- Release of a site on a completely new technological foundation.
17: great venue for improvisational fiction
- Other uses for Facebook: the kind that were never intended.
18: Google Street View bubble tourism
- Driving around the ruins of Florida subdivisions in Google Street View.
19: like a closely-cropped lawn
- A littered pond along the side of the Amtrak parking lot in Rhinecliff.
20: my job
- It's to fix problems.
21: getting shit done
- Also, an actual professional camera.
22: not even Mad Dog drinking gutterpunks
- Gretchen has a bad experience with an officer of the law at Onteora.
23: $7 sixers and other IPAs
- Also, eating burritos and watching Jeopardy.
24: glad I wasn't there
- The Subaru falls off its jack while I'm off queing up a new podcast.
25: misanthropic impulsiveness
- Also, Gretchen sees Moby do an acoustic set and I grind away at a car part.
26: hose clamp flange replacement
- Another day of old car rotten exhaust repairs.
27: when chemists are waiters
- Another victim of the Great Recession.
28: fuck you, Plesk
- It's a great web admin system until you actually need to do something useful.
29: putting the tootpaste back in the tube
- Helping a friend whose Gmail account is taken over.
30: lies and satire
- And whatever it is Ray does.