01: tinkering failure
- Trouble with a Pogoplug. Also: Uptown Kingston is now on the way to Old Hurley.
02: Dutchess' best day
- Fostering a bony Pit Bull mamma from the shelter.
03: first night in the greenhouse upstairs
- Gretchen and I give our bed to our guests and try sleeping in the new space I made.
04: fostering another day
- Dutchess gets another day in heaven as our houseguests move on to their next destination.
05: fixing the pisser II
- After two and a half years, I need to dump in another bottle of Liquid Plumbr.
06: prefect combination of sugar and grease
- Why food from the Little Bear tastes so good.
07: snuggling with a bowling ball
- Some cats are not good snugglers.
08: good beer and crap beer
- And why it's best bought at a Citgo or a gas station with a beer cave, not Hess.
09: now her name is Marigold
- We foster Dutchess again and find that our local Indian restaurant isn't as good as it usually is.
10: upsold at Radio Shack
- I end up buying 36 alkaline batteries I had not expected to buy.
11: Allou brings the stank
- And I can't even wash it off the hands that put scones to my mouth.
12: 433 MHz brain suck
- Thanks a lot, Meade, for making a beautiful weather station with truly craptacular sensor reception.
13: evening coffee
- Why I didn't get to sleep until 3:00am.
14: retroactively-flavored lasagna
- You can salt soup; complex noodle dishes are more problematic.
15: passive aggression in Tillson
- It's not always what happens on the surface that makes the news.
16: movie time at Keegan Ales
- Watching a film where people try to reach Andrew Cuomo through song.
17: too craptacular to watch
- The 80s were terrible, but not quite as cheesy as portrayed in Rock of Ages.
18: beneath the old carpet
- A mysterious white powder and freakishly-discolored OSB.
19: multiple antifreeze spills
- A ruptured expansion tank. But also a nice new bamboo floor for the first floor office.
20: blue office
- Another step in the colorization of our household interior.
21: the Baby lives on
- An unsuccessful appointment with a reluctant Grim Reaper.
22: carpentrical crime
- When not to shoot a soffit full of nails so that its disassembly is near-impossible.
23: IR rangefinding
- Experiments with yet another way to measure fuel levels.
24: power line capacitors
- They're not something you can just blow off, as it happens.
25: Jewish Christmas, 2012
- Django Unchained & a Tandy Model 102, but no Chinese food.
26: Boxing Day snowpocalypse
- And I paint a tiny painting to make up for a Christmas imbalance.
27: old technology successfully talks to new
- A Tandy Model 102 monitors the data on an Arduino.
28: infrared rangefinding not so good for fuel measurement
- The problem is the inconsistencies of the readings when the tank is not even half empty.
29: thoughts of a buoyant rod
- Another idea for measuring fuel level in a tank.
30: serial Slave
- Perhaps I can use a simple serial cable as a replacement for I2C when cable length is an issue.
31: end of 2012
- What began at Paul's church ends there.