01: Daschund next door
- Our new neighbors are asked to pay a $700 security deposit for a tiny dog.
02: parrots return
- Foment in the compound and squawking parrots overhead.
03: train to Los Angeles
- I take a train to a job interview in Los Angeles.
04: offer on a condo
- Surprisingly, Kim and I decide to buy a condo, but not all of our ducks are lined up.
05: in bed with Clint Eastwood
- A cold rainy day good for little more than watching old Clint Eastwood flicks.
06: job offer in Santa Monica
- After much anxiety, I get a job offer and favorable word on my prospects for getting a real estate loan.
07: taxes: a pound of flesh
- I find I owe $3200 to the various governments in taxes.
08: cold Thai restaurant
- We do dinner in an unheated restaurant in Point Loma.
09: moving stress
- Moving tops the list for stress-inducing phenomenon in Homo sapiens.
10: stumbling into a dull person's machine
- I accidentally find myself connected to a complete stranger's home computer.
11: not Australian
- Kim keeps bothering me with references to an old boyfriend.
12: hobbling through the Getty museum
- Kim and I go with a La Jolla-based tour group to see the Getty Museum in Brentwood, just northeast of Santa Monica.
13: super freaky
- Kim is in super freaky crazy panic psycho mode for most of the day while I toil away at SQL problems.
14: wacky day in West LA
- We bail on the first condo and track down a much better one in West LA. Then we do a porno shoot for Restrained.net.
15: programmer's life program
- The code executed through a career.
16: flight attendant personality
- What with the thousands of short-term contacts they make, never to renew, flight attendants have a rather different regard for friendship.
17: condo inspection
- We bail on the first condo and track down a much better one in West LA. Then we do a porno shoot for Unveiled.net.
18: on repeat
- The brief tale of a modern music fan.
19: Voltaire Park
- A scruffy little park on an old parking lot.
20: not so subtle
- Freaks and Geeks is tainted tonight by blatant anti-drug preaching.
21: loan situation
- We get approved.
22: watching teevee
- The Simpsons pepper episode and Law and Order.
- Yes, Kim and I have done well in the past two years. A little too well, actually.
24: fading cultural relevance
- Somehow Hitchcock's Psycho stays interesting all the same.
25: having an Ocean Beach yard sale
- After the Mexicans come through, the show is usually pretty much over.
26: ice cream sangria
- Kim and I pack stuff, have another yard sale, get drunk and fight.
27: big company work
- Seriously considered as a big-time consultant for a big-time company.
28: making boxes
- Packing all day with a photoshoot thrown in.
29: golden food
- Kim and I use a gift certificate to dine at Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego.
30: lectured me
- My Dad tells me that I need to start acting like a Mueller.
31: indoor storage nightmare
- Kim and I move to Los Angeles.