01: two fails
- Troubles with surface mount electronics and black iron pipe.
02: first real hunkering of the season
- More than a foot of snow and watching Yukon Gold.
03: old OSes on old laptops
- Also, a mysteriously-small amount of ash.
04: one hour beetle painting exercise
- Also, for some reason, a detailed account of my errands.
05: through snowsqualls to Batavia
- The first day of a two-day roadtrip in Western New York State.
06: hotel McMurdo
- Bleak conditions in a hotel parking lot in Batavia, NY.
07: notes of something having burned in a pot
- Out with friends on a cold Saturday in the Rondout and Uptown Kingston.
08: from a time I had somehow avoided living through
- Watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy on a brand new Chromebook.
09: like communicating with someone in Chinese
- Two things I hate: implementing visual design and dealing with .htaccess.
10: above-freezing balmy
- Shoveling out the driveway on a sunny winter day.
11: girliest beer
- In exchange for an old Apple Cinema Display, I buy a friend the girliest six pack in Hurley Ridge Market.
12: staycation bathroom thought
- What if you were rich and young and built a house you lived in through old age?
13: grand mall seizure
- Trouble starting a car in low temperatures, and a stranger has a grand mal seizure at the Mall.
14: cheap Italian Valentines
- Hunkering down by the woodstove on yet another bleak day in mid-February.
15: family-style at the local Mexican restaurant
- Gretchen arranges a birthday meal for me with the staff of our new go-to Mexican restaurant.
16: birthday 47
- Pizza and intestinal complaints at the house of some friends.
17: passages from an excruciating memoir
- Gretchen reads from an advance copy of a dreadful book.
18: uses for a warm old laptop
- A good free computer for a former-prisoner or as heating pad for a cat.
19: destined for a platform as valueless
- Why it doesn't really even make sense to give away old laptop computers.
20: cursed hardscrabble
- Saving the day with some improvised multimedia hardware ingenuity. And watching Better Call Saul.
21: Prius in the snow
- Taking our life in our hands for some good pizza in Woodstock.
22: impromptu Oscars party
- While the ladies watch the pretty actresses in their pretty dresses, Ray and I get drunk in the laboratory.
23: tiny misplaced object
- Clutter is an easy thing to ignore until I shine a flashlight on it.
24: git 'er done
- A little disaster while deploying site code for one of my clients.
25: nail clipping jihad
- One of our dogs needs to be medicated, but Allahu Akbar & spoiler alert, success is achieved.
26: colors are not enough
- What happens when you hook up a car battery backwards.
27: doesn't get much more useless
- Dried up glue and how I sort coins in my laboratory.
28: the most powerful and dangerous organisms on Earth
- Watching the movie Falling Down.