01: African American Thanksgiving
- Musing about the relevance of Thanksgiving to black culture.
02: not robot radio
- WDST in Woodstock is worth listening to.
03: why he had such a shitty job
- A racist carpet measurer and a cranky old rental equipment loader.
04: elements of a former owner's taste
- One should always preserve elements of a former owner's taste, no matter how bad.
05: talk s l o w l y about something
- A little snow falls again here near Hurley and the drywall boys walk in.
06: inverted patriotica
- An El Salvadorian restaurant in Kingston, NY, our drywall guru is about as ghetto as a white boy can be, and a method for onsite drywall disposal.
07: Rhinebeck on a Saturday night
- We go see a movie across the Hudson.
08: leg breath
- Our dog finds a deer leg in the woods. Also - when you think you might have had a need for more math education.
09: drywall as a thermal mass
- I pile a bunch of drywall into a kitchen plumbing pipe soffit.
10: fun with hydronic heating
- I build out a hydronic heating zone for my studio.
- More hydronic work and listening to an Infinity Broadcasting lite and easy station.
12: teachers love freezing rain
- A teacher comes to visit on her weather-induced vacation and I install a fan-augmented hydronic heater.
13: cutting brass
- It's hard but also springy.
14: ice cream scoops of brain cells"
- Crazies and retards in antique stores, and welding PVC pipe.
15: install leaking plumbing
- The homeslices and I install a tub but then I struggle to keep it from leaking.
16: flat, unremarkable surface
- Carpet is installed upstairs and I begin finishing the bathroom.
17: the only one who was really trying to keep them small
- The sad state of drywall craftsmanship.
18: the Great American Spring
- It strives for the center but now it's stuck on the right.
19: instant cement-salvaging project
- I spread surplus wet cement and flat stones on the surface of the boiler chimney.
20: obviousness continuum
- How obvious should it be?
21: inside corner that turned into an outside corner
- Finishing work on the stairs, etc.
22: raised as human veal
- When a guy is excessive with his patritotism, I begin to wonder about what is hidden in his basement. Also, we take our guests to visit Ashokan Reservoir.
23: short flight of steps
- Making my own stairs and buying a Mexican-made American Standard toilet for the new bathroom.
24: when one drops a closet bolt
- A toilet installation goes awry when I drop a closet bolt into the floor.
25: Jewish Christmas in Woodstock
- We drive to Woodstock during a Christmas blizzard and eat Japanese food.
26: what it's like to marry an African drummer
- I think it's best to have a string quartet play at your wedding.
27: knot of accidentally-hardened stone in its heart
- I try to use an old bag of bad mortar.
28: handy centralized storage provider no more
- Gretchen's parents arrive with most of her remaining childhood possessions.
29: the useless stores of Rhinebeck
- Going to Rhinebeck with Gretchen's parents.
30: chiseling away at the grout
- Forced to remove tile in new construction.
31: Hyde Park, New York
- We go see Franklin D. Roosevelt's mansion.