01: seamless workstation transition
- I swap in a semi-duplicate computer for Gretchen and she barely notices.
02: problematic hibernate
- All because the hard drive is slave and not master.
03: bat in space
- I decorate a bat box with a trippy painting.
04: ladder conversation
- It's a good thing not to have.
05: IBM relics
- A show about Kingston at KMOCA.
06: dissecting a scarecrow
- Loving Wikipedia and shooting stereoscopic photos.
07: best route
- Collision avoidance in a DHTML database mapper.
08: fast White Pine growth
- Also, I see the movie Deliverance.
09: squirrely squirrel
- Also, a coldly-authoritarian appeal.
10: men singing rock with women
- A collection nearly as white as the Republican Party.
11: great television, crazy cinema
- Reviews of Breaking Bad and the Rapture.
12: unnecessary eye protection
- Your eyes are tougher than your mother taught you.
13: thylacines from wolves
- The state of Creation Science research.
14: freedom like the web
- A web server provides a way around an arcane prison computer security system built with Windows Group Policy.
15: career paths in the hinterland
- If it weren't for the prisons, Sullivan County, NY, would be almost as jobless and empty as Chernobyl.
16: social skills and crap
- When it's fun to talk tech and how much shit a human pushes out in a week.
17: Jupiter and its moons
- I see the moons through a telescope for the first time.
18: pizza with a ghostwritee
- Also, a Spanish segment on mainstream American television.
19: backwards blade, suppressing dust
- An ignorant chainsaw mistake and getting serious about bedrock sawing.
20: hang on to something that's working
- Why I keep chipping away at the greenhouse well.
21: outhouse site
- I come up with a place for flushless number twos.
22: podcasts and toil
- The intimate connection podcast narratives develop with the details of the menial work.
23: shiva in New Rochelle
- Noting the passing of the father of our friend Penny.
24: non-cuticle arcs
- Digging with bare hands and then handling concrete with those same hands.
25: Keegan BRAWL
- Another women's arm wrestling event.
26: Indian food for older white women
- A cooking class teaching my wife and some of her friends how to prepare bland Indian food.
27: hammerheaded worm
- A crazy menagerie on the glass of my greenhouse.
28: math for adults
- Performing some trigonometry, I reflect on how little math I actually do in my day to day life.
29: preferring galvanized roofing
- But somehow buying roll roofing instead.
30: chewing pine cambium
- Where my outhouse project led me today.