01: two by fours by the foot
- The long boards I needed to stabilize roofing being transported were perfect stock for my nonstandard studs.
02: film festival party, 2009
- A party at Skytop near Kingston.
03: the virtue of cheap booze
- Another reason to drink the rot gut.
04: 30 square feet
- I put a metal roof on my outhouse.
05: PVC, meet mortar
- Also, the dreadful movie entitled the Invention of Lying.
06: paint procrastination
- The way I work, and restoring a big beautiful Purple Martin house.
07: a need for southern and eastern limits
- Installing a birdhouse on a windy day and fearing for the dangers posed by a sickly tree.
08: DVD doodles and prison
- Why I carry bizarrely-decorated DVDs with me into prison.
09: project inflection point
- Feeling better about my remote gig.
10: pepper on everything
- I buy a salt shaker and powdered red pepper.
11: two levels of brownhouse
- And I add a window for the brownhouse basement.
12: down payment on the cleaning jihad
- Also, the baby gets a steroid injection.
13: defacatory funzone door
- Giving a sliding closet door a conventional knob.
14: brownhouse door
- Also, Gretchen's parents arrive.
15: interfaces and metaphor
- Railing against Microsoft interface changes and a popular digest of cutting-edge particle physics.
16: like some kind of goddamn BLT
- Defacatory habits and another failed East Coast burrito experience.
17: east wall shit hatch
- It's the shape of an upside-down mirror-image Utah.
18: imagining a shitslide
- Sealing up the brownhouse completely.
19: poop hole, as opposed to shit hatch
- I cut a hole between the brownhouse cabin and the its basement decomposition room.
20: vegan Japanese in Stone Ridge
- Also, a vegan BLT in High Falls and lots of lady beetles at Eastern Correctional Facility.
21: stainless steel or MDF
- The best bench surface for a crapatorium.
22: classical concert in prison
- Gretchen and I attend a performance by the Bard College student orchestra.
23: pine needle insulation
- Running low on fiberglass, I hit on an idea for a free form of insulation.
24: warm rains of October
- And stuffing the final pine needles into the brownhouse attic.
25: party timing rule of thumb
- People (for subconscious karmic reasons if nothing else) tend to drift in to the parties of the non-punctual.
26: bulging HDPE cistern
- The problem with thin-walled rectangular cisterns.
27: cistern support
- The battle of the bulge and supporting 256 pounds without eating into headroom.
28: brownhouse cistern installed
- And I even fill it with water to see if it works.
29: cylinder through a wall at an angle
- Bringing cylinder math to carpentry through Wolfram Alpha.
30: black stack
- I build the brownhouse's vent stack.
31: alone at Never Alone
- A do-gooder locks Sally in a room by herself at a drug abuse rehab facility nearby.