01: geeky forum
- There's now a better system for randomly ever after feedback.
02: harrowing public toilet experience
- A few turds and a whole lot of foul gas.
03: the joys of crisis mode
- Craziness over system challenges in the workplace.
04: the company everybody/anybody bar
- A place in the Gaslamp District where my co-workers all chill on Friday nights.
05: an Oracle lesson
- Engineers attend a PL/SQL class and I suffer some injuries along with my hangover.
06: beach as Heaven
- Kevin the DBA and I ride our bikes down along the Pacific Beach boardwalk.
07: there will be time line crises
- I believe this based on the smugness of the new architecture developers.
08: the icky feel of alien pornography
- More trouble with bad project leaders.
09: on rare occasions I don't mind
- Things I do after an unsatisfying day at work.
10: it's on the web so it must be true
- Conversation with a senior reporter at the National Enquirer.
11: hallmarks of fine ambiance
- No matter how fine the Italian food, it's hard to stay fine in the presence of greyish yellow cart full of ammonia-scented floor washing solution.
12: Ojai, California
- A hippie town in the remote mountains northwest of Los Angeles.
13: reductionist, mechanistic views
- Kim and I argue about the nature of life.
14: homemade Valentine's save
- It turns out better than expected.
15: long knives and other nasties
- Dark forces assemble unseen in the corporate structure.
16: good birthday present
- I get canned on my birthday.
17: searching for a city
- Kim and I weigh the options on where to take our lives.
18: shouted by millions
- In some companies, it's best to keep your idle chit-chat centered around your Palm V.
19: do we actually need a moon in the heavens?
- Also, the latest CD by Enigma, which sounds like slow Janet Jackson.
20: luck brought me here
- And here I am.
21: dream issues
- Processing my firing in my dreams.
22: San Francisco it is
- It's really what this whole move to California has been about anyway.
23: San Francisco it isn't
- I spoke too soon. We're moving to Los Angeles/Santa Monica.
24: a tune of sorts
- I make a few breakthroughs with my music composition technique.
25: rock star
- Frustration with buggy shareware interfaces and a memorable evening with Shiva.
26: emotionally flattening
- Suffering again in the late stages of a hangover.
27: no tell motel
- Kim and I roll into Santa Monica late at night in the midst of a film convention and are forced to take a cheap motel room.
28: job interview stage
- I have a good interview with a company that runs an online community based around music and music videos.
29: breakfast in Malibu
- We do a little exploring around Santa Monica, talk to a real estate agent, and attend to some business.