01: serene rainy day
- Rediscovering Dr. Steve Brule.
02: anti-funk jihad
- Bleach for mold, Dr. Bronner's for puke.
03: eight humans spending the night
- Four adults and four kids, at least one of whom has a propensity for scream-crying.
04: Where is my sandwich?
- A logistically-complex swimming excursion and an unexpected additional meal.
05: a bear climbs many trees
- A walk with friends in the forest scares up a creature with unexpected behavior.
06: the dogs of the Upper West Side
- Mostly purebreds, partly because of the proximity of multi-million-dollar brownstones.
07: noisy ad-hoc gear train
- I try to find a better way to drive my disco ball. And watching Orange is the New Black.
08: battery acid IPA
- Also: learning a programming language known as Lua.
09: the day before the Adirondacks
- An unscheduled robot board power supply challenge.
10: first night in fisherman's heaven
- Returning to Bleecker, NY, for another week on Lake Edward.
11: Eleanor's reluctant canoe ride
- We pick her up at the dock we used last year and paddle to a hiking place across the lake.
12: granite cliffs of Chase Lake
- Revisiting a lake we visited before, but going to a bad shoreline.
13: cabin fever on Lake Edward
- I actually like a day or two of being rained-out of outdoor activities.
14: loon egg
- Also: drinking alone while Gretchen drives to the Catskills and a drunken late-night cruise.
15: taking Lake Edward for granted
- Seeing other lakeside real estate, we realize Lake Edward is a special place.
16: hornets and the creek to Woodworth Lake
- Exploring northeast of Lake Edward.
17: small talk on low blood sugar
- Not having a good time at a Kingston block party.
18: liquor buying on Sunday mornings
- Apparently it is still impossible in Kingston, NY. Also: musings on Radio Shack's possibly-restored utility.
19: Pogoplug hell II
- I render my second Pogoplug unusable, though only temporarily.
20: Adirondack splinter
- Something I cannot get out of my foot.
21: still the Baby lives on
- Explosive cat diarrhea in the laboratory.
22: you can buy mirror ball rotators
- My improvised solutions have been such a waste of time; I can buy one for $10.
23: Coyote floater
- I get a good look at the native American dog.
24: slow on my feet
- My feet start out uncomfortable on this cleaning jihad sort of day.
25: not a dog record
- Afternoon party at our house.
26: statutes of limitations and observational limitations
- How life is not like Breaking Bad.
- The things I most enjoy doing tend to be them.
28: elastic wasteband
- I'm 45, and it's a selling point for a pair of short pants.
29: pseudoephedrine food choreography
- To properly enjoy choreography, one must know when to eat and when not to eat.
30: Hodor at the pet store
- Also, laundry demands resulting from the use of body scents by houseguests.
31: up the Sacandaga
- Beginning another week in the Adirondacks, this time on a river instead of a lake.