01: better communication system than prayer
- First LoRa packet received.
02: racing around the sky from unusual directions
- Spooky cold-weather clouds makes October seem a little more Octobery
03: October diaspora happy hour two years out
- Also, a serious cardboard fire is required.
04: bored enough for a tennis ball
- I take both dogs to work, and it goes about as well as that usually goes.
05: blow your whistle
- Traditional folk music and the possible impeachment of a president.
06: LoRa's barriers to entry
- For now everything about it leads to headaches and squandered hours. Also, a tardigrade painting.
07: a fancy toilet seat for Brewster Street
- Our financial situation now is considerably better than it was two and a half years ago when we had contractor doing the work on the Brewster Street house, and we've been overcompensating for the corners we cut back then.
08: progress on my cucumber assignment
- Eating it slice by slice at my desk at work.
09: how to work around such annoyances
- I'm well into the acceptance phase of my Angular-induced Kübler-Rossian grieving.
10: breaking vegan news
- Wildflower Café is no longer vegan, and this is not the first time I'm not the last to know something vegan-related.
11: boss move
- Gretchen gets Liz Phair to sign the Golden Notebook's stock of her new memoir at a performance in Bearsville.
12: worth the wait
- Mountain Gate in Woodstock continues to be weird, but the food is great.
13: having to get their hands dirty in C
- What Arduino is supposed to keep people from having to do.
14: decrypting a LoRa prayer
- Finally decrypting a LoRa packet.
15: baby muscovies
- A life-affirming vision along Middle Road. Also, reconstructing my reporting system in a brand new environment.
16: climbing every olfactory gradient
- Finding a dead body in the laboratory.
17: geese in the gusts
- Migrating geese dealing with strong winds. Also, namedropping my old employer multiple times.
18: foundation is basically Hello World
19: chowing down vegan food in a spiegeltent
- Attending some of Hudson Valley VegFest in Uptown Kingston.
20: like interacting with a freshly-started Commodore 64
- REPL as an operating system on a microcontroller.
21: multimeter max mode
- Also, one meeting redeemed by another.
22: hot tub and Tesla
- Some new purchases made by our Buddhist friends.
23: fitting fixers
- How I deal with leaking PVC fittings. In this case, though, the fix failed.
24: why I build stone walls
- Contrasted with Angular web development.
25: wooden plate
- Something so I don't have to use paper plates at work.
26: what my other grandfather looked like
- I finally have a face to put with a tragic family story.
27: new email regime
- Finally abandoning POP3 after 23 years of use.
28: hangover panic
- Fearing the worst about the dogs when I am psychologically vulnerable.
29: hangover day two
- I think this was an authentic two-day hangover.
30: anti-dog measures
- The gas delivery guy sprays a mysterious cloud of white material when threatened by the dogs.
31: Halloween in the Methodist Burial Ground in Red Hook
- A new place to walk Ramona, complete with a hobo camp.