01: dry wood and how to get it quickly
- Stacking it beside the stove. Also, a new PHP function.
02: as much meat as could be had
- Taking our pork-loving friend to a vegan restaurant.
03: walls to hold back the freedom
- Graduation at a maxiumum security prison and a Bard party in Staatsburg, NY.
04: sheer force of winter-weather laziness
- Tearing apart my iBook instead of watching the stuper bowl.
05: substitute power jack for an iBook
- Replacing the crappy proprietary kind with the rugged time-honored RCA kind.
06: the Shiite Golden Mosque and the Dome of the Rock
- Had only the Bush Administration followed the Isræli example with protecting holy sites.
07: smallish dead White Pine firewood
- How to ensure the fire-starting attempt will succeed.
08: surest sign that the fire has died
- More about heating a big McMansion with scavenged firewood.
09: most broken English
- A marvelous pamphlet comes with my new portable black and white teevee.
10: even with a deep-dish holesaw
- A new airduct to heat the guest room from the wood stove in the floor above.
11: propaganda-revealing context
- Propaganda is a shaming thing when given the context that spoils its value to mislead.
12: trouser crisis
- A good weather site, a bad weather site. Also, in search of epoxy pigment.
13: burns like a motherfucker
- Pre-storm firewood gathering.
14: evening of Google searches
- Little ice balls close down the world and I research another troublesome Linux issue.
15: massive cloud of solar-generated steam
- Digging out the snowed-in driveway on a sunny day.
16: purplish poorly-masticated mix
- Birthday 39.
17: houseward a hundred feet
- Gathering wood and having a hangover.
18: simply stating a theory
- If you want to present your theory in book form, don't junk it up with lesser theories.
19: mixture of nervous and curious
- Wondering about the inside of the woodstove's pipes.
20: two stacked guillotines
- A diagram of my woodstove air heat-carrying duct.
21: experience with Brand Bush
- The cursor of superpowerdom seems to be passing off the west coast of North America, headed for China.
22: rectangular hole to Troglodytia
- Installing a large fan to power my woodstove basement heating system.
23: algorithm development by mutation
- The perils of attempting to solve a problem without really understanding it.
24: conferring godlike status
- If your music is really good, you should probably let it wrap you in divine mystery.
25: 80286 in an Athlon world
- Incompatibilities in Gillette razor handles.
27: crows and julienne carrots
- A fruitless trip to a Bearsville dumpster and cross-browser hell.
28: memory leak ad campaign
- Is Intel buying space for buggy Flash banner ads?