01: New Years gut problems
- Something amiss with my guts keeps me from having much fun on New Years Day.
02: sweat pants without elastic ankles
- Not easy to find in 2023.
03: pseudoephedrine & diphenhydramine
- They pair nicely and make for a relaxing alcohol-free evening.
04: showboating nihilists
- Fixing a cable to keep a tree from falling on the house and watching Kevin McCarthy lose vote after vote.
05: eye exam, 2023
- Also, cheap optics at the Tibetan Center thrift store and burning the midnight oil in the remote workplace.
06: low-friction tostada pizzas
- A minor food mishap during Jeopardy.
07: my own web clipboard
- I'm tired of trying to message myself using bloatware and software that tries to police what I am sending myself.
08: spontaneous dinner at the Garden
- Gretchen finally finds the motivation to go out that she hadn't had earlier in the weekend.
09: my pattern of late
- Figuring things out in the morning and then being vexed by other issues the rest of the day.
10: inside Oscar the cat's mouth
- It's in such a bad state that he'll need thousands of dollars of veterinarian intervention.
11: shattered German drinking cup
- While putting water in a water pick, the ceramic cup slips out of my fingers.
12: good wood is lighter
- Though dense wood is better. Also, hangovers aren't terrible for productivity.
13: I could retire now
- According to our budget, my income isn't necessary to maintain our lifestyle. Also, Gretchen makes an impressive Thai/Indian meal for a small dinner party.
14: awaking from a nap with a buzz
- Because I ate a large nugget of canabis before it.
15: shout what little information they do convey
- Dealing with ten extremely bright and fully unnecessary LEDs
16: copper cup disaster
- I should've started with a template downloaded from the internet.
17: bandsaw: best tool for the job
- Cutting the background away from an image of Neville the Dog.
18: semi-sculptural Neville painting
- Painting on the piece of wood I'd cut in the bandsaw yesterday.
19: birthday pizza in New Paltz
- Gretchen's 52nd birthday.
20: Neville chews on his own image
- Fortunately, I caught him before he destroyed it completely.
- Getting things done by playing procrastination against procrastination.
22: antiprocrastination 2
- A place for the new 3D printer. And my mother keeps insisting on lying on the floor back in Virigina.
23: Hoagie in the hospital
- Now she supposedly has a muscle problem in her back from lying on the floor too long.
24: four drives to West Hurley
- What to do when you don't have that special tool for removing anti-theft lugnuts.
25: horror movie conformity
- They're all kind of the same in every respect, and nobody does anything to think outside the box.
26: a mix of snow and soggy rotten wood
- Drying wood after a wet snow.
27: completely non-oak salvage
- A fairly typical procrastinatory Friday.
28: tamales in the graveyard
- Kingston's Farmers' Market on an unusually warm day in January.
29: an endless series of possible band names
- We meet our amazing housesitter for February.
30: new rules at the Hurley Dump
- They're no longer open on Monday and they no longer take cash.
31: not a good clean smell
- Now I'm at the point in my life where I'm complaining about the smell of the soap used by the hired help.