01: dozens of people flipping burgers
- Watching I, Robot.
02: spot heat me
- Maybe I should heat my work areas parabolically.
03: Giuliani schandenfreude
- Iowa caucuses, 2008.
04: striking chainsaw
- For some reason it refuses to work on the side of Dug Hill Road.
05: more of that Edwards fire
- Watching presidential debates before the New Hampshire primary.
06: released in Woodstock
- Gretchen releases her first book.
07: book tour: Bethesda
- Gretchen reads for friends of the family and the north-DC poetry scene.
08: in Creekside Manor
- In the trailer that had once belonged to the neighbors with whom my family had once feuded.
09: Win the War!
- A hip gallery in Redneckistan.
10: vegan food in redneck heaven
- Gretchen cooks her famous vegan lasagna and then reads poetry in Staunton.
11: vast growing haystack of noise
- Trying to find an elusive box of disks at my parents' house.
12: Chinese potato chip
- Using some new cheap Chinese tools.
13: perfect work choreography
- I take advantage of warm weather to work outside and take advantage of working outside to replace my hard drive.
14: bed overcrowding
- The critters will sleep wherever a human is sleeping.
15: flatulent Scrabble game
- Also: entertaining myself with visions of Giuliani turning on a spit in Hell.
16: head might detonate
- Dianetics and dental hygiene.
17: blaming my xiphoid process
- A working theory for all my esophageal woes.
18: hypochondria by proxy
- Eleanor's heart is alright.
19: baking a cake
- I bake my first cake ever for Gretchen's 37th birthday.
20: another rash
- Probably from too many cashews.
21: ASPCA insurance
- The exceptions you only lear about once you file a claim.
22: snuff entertainment
- The Moth and watching To Catch a Predator.
23: what not to do while eating a bagel with lox spread
- Don't discuss Crohn's disease.
24: four computers from freedom
- Installing computers in a prison computer lab.
25: Stone Age and Information Age
- An ancient technique keeps me comfortable while I compute.
26: big stationary hurricane
- Watching Born on the Fourth of July.
27: people don't actually program universal remotes
- But I do, and I'll spend hours trying to save a universal remote that works well.
28: cellphones and prisoners
- At an orientation meeting this morning, it was stressed that cellphones and prisoners should not be allowed to come in contact with each other.
29: spare-changed by an SUV-driving hippie
- A wacky day at Onteora Lake.
30: great site for a prison windmill farm
- Installing more computers in prison computer labs.
31: toss of the pink dice
- Watching Small Town Gay Bar and eating quinoa.