01: in like a hurricane
- Howling winds on the first full night of March.
02: especially after the diphenhydramine has started to kick in
- Arduino libraries are a complete mess.
03: substitute strike plate
- Improvising while fixing a bathroom door.
04: Arduino GPS success
- Also, the surprising effect of stored charge on a laptop trackpad and the humiliation of growing old.
05: sprawling mess
- I successfully transmit a GPS packet using LoRa, but decrypting and using it isn't easy.
06: dogs love injera
- Some of our frozen injera proves moldy. Also, watching the 2.333 hour Billie Eilish documentary.
07: addicted to exposing the laboratory floor
- Moving some less-important crap into the laboratory's deep storage. Also, more successes and failures with LoRa equipment.
08: hasn't smelled that way since
- At least my bathwater doesn't reek of sulfur.
09: chaise lounge in a block of snow
- On the first warmish day of the year, the lawn furniture is still locked in winter's icy grip.
10: should've tested it before installing it
- Bad luck with a brand new digitizer.
11: the smell of early spring
- The first perfect day of 2021.
12: entropic debt
- It eats into my available space, keeping me from doing things.
13: NPT hell
- It leaks no matter what you do. Why would anyone build anything with equipment like this?
14: vanblarcum bidet
- We can now easily deal with the aftermath of the kind of diarrhea that leaves an asshole that cannot be cleaned with conventional toilet paper alone.
15: brutal march cold
- Also windy, but I don't start the stove until 5:00pm.
16: Jack of hearts
- Nancy's birthday is the first meal inside someone else's house in a year, the bad experience of an indoor junco, and after a fifty day alcohol fast, I drink two glasses of wine.
17: my brother is a fount of bad ideas
- Not only did he suggest giving my mother an unconditional loan, but he thought maybe he could make a living collecting cans in a non-deposit state.
18: lucky jab
- Gretchen's social network manages to get us our coronavirus vaccination fairly early in the vaccine rollout.
19: pandemic pod innoculated
- Gretchen's social network scores vaccines for Sarah the Vegan and Nancy.
20: how black is the swan?
- Spring seems doubly cheerful this year.
21: back to floor painting after four years
- Also: I decided to start recording the names of all the paint colors I buy in a directory place on my main computer.
22: like the Mid-Hudson Buffet
- Ramona's weird foot injuries and vegan Ikea meatballs with a dash of freezer burn.
23: durability of artifacts
- A temporary setback with my main computer, and metal-fatique screw failure in the wheelchair I use an office chair.
24: return of phoebes, 2021
- And a nice rain for walking around in.
25: probably hoping to intelligence-lowering conspiracy-theory-rich conversations
- A Trump teeshirt on someone behind me in line at the Stewarts when I'm heading off to do a landlording chore.
26: peak warmth of the false spring
- Dog walking shirtless in March. And listening to Rachel Maddow while painting the laboratory floor.
27: Passover, 2021
- Mato ball soup, Manischewitz wine, and a filmed magic show.
28: diagonal cutters and epoxy
- Not a good combination.
29: years of occasional cilantro exposure
- I still like some nut loaf, but not necessarily cilantro.
30: does anyone use Windows' built-in backup and restore
- Also, painting the laboratory floor while listening to Louis Rossmann.
31: I can grow pot in peace
- New York legalizes recreational marijuana.