01: feeling I haven't had much of
- Work is becoming less terrible.
- I paint a picture and get a Wacom tablet at the thrift store.
03: salvaged switch dome
- Fixing a laptop I've barely used since 2010.
04: the value of passive matrix screens
- Is there any in 2019?
05: lucky that I drink my tea black
- Nothing bad happens when I spill my tea into my work laptop's keyboard.
06: if you have to tell your dog to do anything more than once
- Dogs pay close attention, at least when they want to.
07: Village of Gardiner
- No bigger than Rosendale, though a lot less pretty.
08: $5 telescope
- Also, a spontaneous happy hour.
09: slimy drywall on salvaged tiles
- How I put lots of little injuries on my hands.
10: crazy purebred dog lady
- Crazy people have more power in the age of social media.
11: shard of scale
- Moving some laboratory items to my workplace.
12: one out of seven
- The ratio of unsupervised to supervised children waiting for a school bus in Red Hook, NY.
13: 110 pounds and low blood sugar
- Nothing two peanutbutter sandwiches can't fix.
14: the least-dense forms of musical storage
- The vinyl collection behind the bar at Tubby's in Midtown, Kingston.
15: visit to the dentist in springlike weather
- My teeth are good. But my gums, not so much.
16: subway tiling, day one
- 45 degrees, sunny, and not soaked in cold water.
17: subway tiling, day two
- Also, Neville the Dog has a great time at Nancy's birthday party.
18: where is that sixteen year old sponge
- Grouting the renovation kitchen tile.
19: lots of missing screws
- The mystery of where things for the late kitchen renovation disappeared to.
20: one cheap Chinese stereo for another
- You have to have audio when you're driving or it's just too lonely and dull.
21: first phoebe of 2019
- Also, too rainy for firewood salvaging. And I will not drive into blindness.
22: yardstick for measuring vegan cheeses
- Eating real cheese at work again.
23: cinematic mumblecore
- Seeing Jordan Peele's Us in Saugerties.
24: wheelchairs being used for any purpose other than
- What it's like to routinely repurpose everyday items such as porcupine quills, golf carts, and charcoal.
25: why the Old Testament had to be morally compromised
- A survival of the fittest argument for why the Bible can never have been a good moral framework.
26: fox & xanax
- Neville's night-time obsession contributes to my inability to sleep.
27: snarl of complicated helper classes
- And a classist, sexist simile to go along with them.
28: a little worse than cats
- How the dogs respond to me calling for them.
29: Neville's mystery corpse
- It's not a bear. Could it be a fisher?
30: carpenter ants are not a problem
- If you have them in your house, your problem is leaks, not ants.
31: removing any remaining staples
- Tearing carpet from the stairs to the second floor. Also, more wood for the nascent fourth tranche.